Get Free Migration Consultation at Our Office. Book Your Appointment Today!
  • Home
  • Child Visa (Subclass 802 & 101)

Child Visa (Subclass 802 & 101)

Child Visa (Subclass 802 & 101)

A parent who fulfils the requirements can sponsor their child’s permanent residency in Australia using a child visa (subclass 802 and 101). If the child is under 18 years, parents can submit the visa application on the child’s behalf.

If the child is in Australia, subclass 802 visa is applied whereas, if the youngster is outside of the country, subclass 101 visa is applied. The applicants of both visas are allowed to live permanently in the country with their parents.


  • The visa allows you to remain in the country to work and study in indefinitely.
  • You can access the health care and costs program offered by Australia.
  • You can apply for citizenship when eligible.
  • You can sponsor eligible family members for permanent residency.
  • You can travel back and forth Australia within five years of the visa being granted.

Key Eligibility Requirements

For the Parent

  • The parent must be an eligible New Zealand citizen
  • An Australian citizen
  • Or the holder of an Australian permanent residence visa

For Child

  • One’s parent or parent’s partner must sponsor the child if they are under 18 years old, single, and not adopted.
  • When a child is adopted, they have to be less than 18 years during the time of adoption.
  • The child must be enrolled full-time in school to satisfy the eligibility if they are between the 18 and 25 years.
  • Must be a dependent child of the sponsoring parent who is 18 years of age or older and unable to work due to a disability.
Quick Contact Form

Do You Need Assistance?

If you have any questions or need assistance with immigration, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.