Get Free Migration Consultation at Our Office. Book Your Appointment Today!
  • Home
  • Partner (Provisional and Migrant Visa) (Subclass 309/100)

Partner (Provisional and Migrant Visa) (Subclass 309/100)

Partner (Provisional and Migrant Visa) (Subclass 309/100)

With the partner visa (Provisional and Migrant Visa) (subclass 309/100), you can travel internationally with your spouse or de facto partners who are Australia and New Zealand Australians or Australia Permanent Residency holders.

The partner visa (subclass 100) is a permanent one, whereas, the provisional visa (subclass 309) is a temporary one. Since the 309 visa is a temporary provisional visa, it is first granted for two years, followed by the subclass 100 permanent visa.

Applying for these visas may be a little challenging for you, so, you must contact an experienced and professional migration consultancy i.e., Asia Pacific Group who can assist you with the visa application process.


  • You get Australian citizenship opportunities.
  • You can stay and work in Australia without government support.
  • You can travel in and out of Australia as desired.
  • You can participate in Australia’s Public Health care scheme (Medicare).
  • You can sponsor family and friends to visit Australia.

Key Eligibility Requirements

Provisional Partner (Subclass 309)

  • You must be outside of Australia during the time of visa application.
  • You must be spouse or de facto partner of an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident.
  • You must be at least 18 years old.
  • You must have a sponsor if partner is under 18 years.
  • You must meet health and character requirements set by Australian government.
  • You must repay all debts to the Australian government before your visa is granted.

Migrant Partner (Subclass 100)

  • You must hold a temporary partner visa.
  • You must be in an ongoing marriage or de facto relationship.
  • You must comply with all Australian laws and conditions on the temporary 309 visa.
Quick Contact Form

Do You Need Assistance?

If you have any questions or need assistance with immigration, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.

FAQs About Partner (Provisional and Migrant Visa) (SUBCLASS 309/100)

The subclass 309/100 visa allows an eligible Australian or New Zealand citizen to temporarily stay in Australia while their permanent partner visa application is being processed.
The subclass 309 visa is a temporary visa allowing temporary residence, work, and study in Australia while awaiting the assessment of a permanent partner visa.
To apply for both subclass 309 and subclass 100 visas, you need to submit a combined application online through the Department of Home and Affairs website or using an offline application form.
Eligibility criteria include committed and ongoing relationship, meeting health and character requirements, and specific circumstances, while Australian partner must provide sponsorship and meet specific requirements.
You can include dependent family members or children, in your application, but they must meet specific criteria.