Get Free Migration Consultation at Our Office. Book Your Appointment Today!
  • Home
  • Electronic Travel Authority (Subclass 601)

Electronic Travel Authority (Subclass 601)

Electronic Travel Authority (Subclass 601)

The Electronic Travel Authority (subclass 601) visa is an electronic travel visa especially curated for tourism including attending conferences, trade fairs, employment inquiries, examining contracts and business visitors in Australia. With this visa, you can make multiple visits to the country, up to three months per visit, for up to one year. The Tourist Electronic Travel (subclass 601) visa is for holiday, recreational activities, or visiting family or friends.

Eligible Passport Holders of subclass 601 Visa

You must have a valid passport of one of the following countries to be eligible for subclass 601 visa:

  • Andorra
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Brunei
  • Canada
  • Denmark
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Hong Kong (SAR of China)
  • Iceland
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Liechtenstein
  • Luxembourg
  • Malaysia
  • Malta
  • Monaco
  • Norway
  • Portugal
  • Republic of San Marino
  • Singapore
  • South Korea
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Taiwan
  • The Netherlands
  • United Kingdom—British Citizen
  • United Kingdom—British National (Overseas)
  • United States
  • Vatican City

Key Eligibility Requirements

  • Major requirements of subclass 601 visa includes character requirements i.e., as a n applicant you must be free from criminal records.
  • You must have an adequate health insurance for you and any of the included family members, if eligible.
  • You need to get a separate ETA visa for all family members you want to bring along, including children under 18 years.
Quick Contact Form

Do You Need Assistance?

If you have any questions or need assistance with immigration, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.

FAQs About Electronic Travel Authority (SUBCLASS 601)

A subclass 601 of the Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) is a digitally stored authorization that allows certain qualified passport holders to enter Australia for short visits for business or tourism.
An ETA subclass 601 is available to citizens of a number of countries, including but not limited to Canada, the United States, Japan, South Korea, and several other European countries.
You can spend up to three months in Australia on each visit if you have an ETA subclass 601 visa.
No, an ETA subclass 601 is only for brief travel or business needs. It does not allow you to work, study, or participate in any other kind of long-term activity in Australia.
The Department of Home and Affairs in Australia has an official website where you can apply online for an ETA subclass 601. You need to provide your passport, a valid email address, and a credit card for payment.