Get Free Migration Consultation at Our Office. Book Your Appointment Today!
  • Home
  • Child Offshore Visa (Subclass 101)

Child Offshore Visa (Subclass 101)

Child Offshore Visa (Subclass 101)

With the Child Offshore Visa (subclass 101), children living abroad can live with their parents who are Australian permanent resident or Australian citizen, or are eligible New Zealand citizens. Eligibility for this visa lies with dependent children, orphaned relatives, and adoptive parents.

The visa allows these children to live permanently with their parents in Australia, promoting family togetherness. In Australia, the visa ensures that the child has the same access to healthcare and education as any other Australian resident, and requires a parent who fulfils the condition to sponsor the child’s application.


  • The visa allows you to visit Australia and remain there for as long as you want.
  • The visa allows you to work and learn in Australia.
  • You can sign up for Medicare – Australia’s public healthcare system to cover medical bills and health care.
  • You can apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible.
  • Allow eligible family members to move in permanently.
  • Travel back and forth Australia for five years from the day visa is granted. Afterwards, you will have to issue a new visa to enter in the country.

Key Eligibility Requirements

  • An Australian citizen, holder of an Australian permanent resident visa, or an eligible New Zealand citizen can sponsor the child.
  • Sponsors can include a step-parent, an adoptive parent, or a child who has been adopted before becoming an Australian citizen.
  • Sponsors must have a written consent from each person who can legally decide where the child should live.
  • Home country’s laws permit the removal of the child.
  • The child must be comply with any Australian child order.
  • The child must fulfil certain health requirements, including those for dependent family members.
  • A child older than 16 years must fulfil certain character requirements, including a police certificate from each country they have resided in for 12 months or more.
  • The child must have no outstanding debts to the Australian Government or have arranged to repay any debts.
Quick Contact Form

Do You Need Assistance?

If you have any questions or need assistance with immigration, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.