ADMISSIONS AND PROCEDURES, AUSTRALIA
Being a certified agent and advocate of more than 100 of Australia’s renowned universities, Asia Pacific Education Consultants takes pride in being a world head when it comes to ensuring that students from world over are placed in their fields of interest. We at Asia Pacific are well experienced in this field of students from world over choosing Australia as location of their choice. We very well understand how overwhelming the procedure gets, of selecting the right course and related visa procedures involved.
Here are four steps that will aid you in taking the decision that will benefit your career route in Australia. They are as follows:
The first step starts with you having a clear idea as to what it is that you want to achieve in life.. The first session of career counselling involves perceiving your goals based on the history of your academia, what you aspire to be, and your special skills and abilities. The next part would be to figure out where your interests lie, if you prefer to study in class, online or both, the city you would want to live in, cost of the course, scholarships.
Mentioned below are a few questions that we will raise for the assessment. They are:
1. What visa category do you qualify for?
2. Are you considering Australia for migration and in that case, does your course choice enable you to be on the skilled immigration list?
3. The match between your desired qualification & your professional goals
4. Does your level of English meet the requirements of the course or university?
5. What is your current visa status?
Post step one, we will help you examine and evaluate the universities that offer the course options of your choice and to see which ones you would be eligible to apply for. The expected results are:
Which institutions are best suited for you: - public or private university or college or a pre-university English school
Identifying whether you should work towards a degree or a vocational course in the city you would want to live in
How many hours you can and would work and what class schedules work for you: evening/morning or weekends etc and your mode of study-online/ in-class/hybrid
Discussing payment options for the course based on your financial considerations and the scholarships that may be available
The genuine temporary entrant requirement (GTE) is an integrity measure to ensure that the Student Visa Programme uses as planned and in not a way for foreign students to try and get permanent residency in Australia. To meet the GTE requirements is essential to keep your Australian student visa. Thus, a well trained mentor who knows the pros and cons will aid you so that you make the right decision for your life as well as your career in Australia. Here are some essential pointers we tell students who plan on going abroad for higher studies or to get visa extensions done:
Make sure you are focussing on the course and getting acceptable grades every semester: if you repeatedly abandon courses you are enrolled in, DIBP has good reason to believe that you are doing so in stay in Australia, rather than for the genuine purpose of academics
1. Ensure that you are meeting your school’s attendance criteria at all times
2. Do not work for more hours than your student visa allows you.
3. A Package Offer letter - It is a version of a Full Offer letter
4. Be very mindful of your course choice when switching courses. Don’t switch to a course because it’s cheaper or your friends are studying it. Study what you are genuinely interested in and what builds on your current qualification. You can be under scrutiny if DIBP feels the course choices you are making may not be relevant to your past course or proposed future employment
When you have clear idea about the choices you will make and know what is the next step you want to take for joining the course, our mentors would help you through the paperwork required and take care of all the steps in the joining process. This would be inclusive of:
1. Completing all applications forms and working with you on filling up the requisite paperwork
2. Guiding you on all the paperwork needed for visa and application process including certified copies of academic transcripts, diplomas/certificates, etc
3. Liaising with the selected institution through the course of the application process on your behalf and getting your letter of offer and Confirmation of Enrolment from them
4. Filing for your new student visa and/or extension.
5. With all these steps in mind, you are ready to start your new academic journey. Talk to one of our qualified mentors today. Just submit an enquiry form and we will connect back with 48 hours.