This is permanently resident visa which allows skilled workers to work in Australia. It is part of Permanent Employer Sponsored Visa program. For this visa, there are two steps.

  • Nomination by an approved Australian employer.
  • Application under the nominated stream.

Employer must nominate the applicant in one of the three streams and meet the requirements of that streams.

Temporary Residence Transition Stream

For subclass 457 visa holders who have worked for two years, while holding a subclass 457 visa, in the same occupation with their nominating employer (who has lodged a valid nomination with us under the Temporary Residence Transition stream), who wants to offer them a permanent position in that occupation.

Direct Entry Stream

  • People who have been nominated by their employer under the Direct Entry stream.
  • People who have never, or only briefly, worked in Australia.
  • Temporary residents who do not qualify for the Temporary Residence Transition stream.

Agreemrnt Stream

For people nominated by an employer through a labour agreement.

Key Requirements for Employers

You can nominate a skilled worker for this visa if:

  • You actively and lawfully operate a business in Australia.
  • You have a genuine need for a paid employee to fill a skilled position.
  • You offer a skilled position in the applicant’s field that is full time and ongoing for at least two years.
  • You pay a market salary rate.
  • You comply with Australian immigration and workplace relations laws.
  • There is no adverse information known about your business or any person associated with your business

Visa Holders

The holders of this visa can avail the following benefits:

  • Stay in Australia indefinitely.
  • Work and study in Australia.
  • Enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses.
  • Apply for Australian citizenship (if you are eligible).
  • Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence.
  • Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted (after that time, you will need a resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia).

As your Registered Migration Agent we provide:

For Applicants
  • A fair and honest eligibility assessment
  • Advice for your individual circumstances
  • Strategic immigration planning
  • Detailed costs and expenses
  • Advice on required documents
  • Forms and paperwork assistance
  • Prepare and lodge your application
  • Critical date and deadline monitoring
  • Liaise with the Department of Immigration
  • Keep you up to date with your application
For Sponsors
  • Guidance with policy requirements
  • Support with sponsorship obligations
  • Prepare and lodge sponsor application
  • Compliance Monitoring
  • Critical date monitoring