457 Visa for Australia is a very popular Temporary work visa and one of the most common paths for skilled migration to Australia. It is basically an employer-sponsored visa which allows the workers from overseas to work in Australia for a maximum period of 4 years.
Benefits of 457 Visa
- 457 visa allows you to live and work in Australia for the company which has sponsored you for up to 4 years.
- You can bring your eligible dependents like your parents or partner ( Spouse or de facto ) to Australia and they can work or study during their stay in Australia.
- This visa gives wings to travel in and out of Australia infinite number of times during the period of this visa.
Requirements For 457 Visa
In order to apply for 457 Visa,
- You must be sponsored by an approved business in Australia.
- The position you have been nominated must be there on the skilled occupation list and you must have the required skills to be nominated for that position.
- Your ability to speak vocational English. Registration and license obligations are also required by you.
For Skilled occupation, list Click here
Procedure of Visa 457
The procedure of 457 visa is divided into 3 stages as following:
- STAGE 1 – Sponsorship
In this stage, the organisation or your going to be employer will have to apply to become an approved business sponsor for you.
- STAGE 2 – Nomination
In this stage, your approved visa sponsor will nominate a position for your sponsorship.
- STAGE 3 – Visa Application
In this stage, you apply for the 457 Visa category for that nominated position.
Documents Required for 457 Visa
The following are a few of the important key documents you need to provide while applying for the 457 visa:
- English exam test results (Not required from UK, US, Canada, New Zealand & Ireland passport holders or also if you have formally studied English for 5 years in continuation.) of tests like IELTS, PTE, etc.
- Your Resume
- You need a Health insurance along with meeting health requirements by the Australian Government.
- You need a character certificate
- You have to go through a medical examination too.
Who Accompany to Australia On 457 Visa?
- Your Spouse or your de factor partner.
- Your Children dependent upon you or your spouse.
- Your Relatives dependent upon you.
Now, in order to prove a de facto relation, it takes lot more than proving a marital relationship. You are required to produce evidence of you living with your de facto partner for a minimum time of 12 months. In order, if you find yourself stuck or confused anywhere you can fix a free counselling session with our experts by clicking here.